Applications have now opened for the QLD Glencore Pathways Program
The 2023 Pathways Program is based at Clermont, in Central Queensland.
Fifteen participants will be selected for the Program.
Traditional Owners living in, or with a connection to the area near our Queensland coal mining operations are encouraged to apply.
The fifteeen participants will be selected and engaged by WorkPac at Clermont. JobTrail will assist Glencore to provide supervision and support for the duration of the Program.
The Pathways Program will commence on 17 April 2023 and run (over two phases) for 26 weeks.
Glencore Coal’s Indigenous Employment Pathways Program is structured to provide participants with the experience and job-readiness skills for Indigenous Australians who live in or have connection to the areas where Glencore Coal Australia operates in Queensland.
To be eligible for the Program candidates must:
- Identify as an Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander, living in or with cultural connection to the areas where Glencore Coal operates in Central Queensland
- Be unemployed but actively seeking employment
- Participate in an interview selection process
- Hold a current driver’s license
- Be able to meet Coal Board Medical requirements
- Be prepared to live away from home (over Phase 1, the Program is based at Clermont, with accommodation provided for at the Clermont Open Cut accommodation village). During Phase 2, participants will be assigned to a Glencore Coal mine site (one of Collinsville, Hail Creek, Clermont, Oaky Creek, Rolleston).
Pathways seeks to provide selected participants with work-readiness skills to increase their prospects of gaining employment in mining and associated services.
Successful applicants will be engaged by WorkPac over the 26 weeks of the Program.
The program runs for 26 weeks, in two phases:
Phase 1: Back to Work (12 weeks, from 17 April 2023 to 7 July 2023, to be based in Clermont and accommodated at Clermont Open Cut Accommodation Village)
Includes mine site prerequisite inductions, commencement of a Certificate II in Surface Extraction Operations, Glencore Generic, Coal Board Medical, Standard 11, Lifeskills.
Phase 2: Job Ready (14 weeks, from 10 July 2023 to 6 October 2023, to be based at an assigned Glencore Coal operation in the Bowen Basin)
Includes Job Ready training and work experience, and where relevant specific competency (e.g. operator) training.
Participants will be supported by mentors during both Phases of the Program.
Applications for the 2023 Glencore Pathways Program are now open. Register your interest by completing the below form.
For further information, please contact:
Tel: +61 419 427 561
Relationship Manager – Northern Region, JobTrail
Phone: 0458 815 768;